1st Workshop on Low-Cost Digital Solutions for Industrial Automation
25-26 September 2023 – University of Cambridge
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the 1st Workshop on Low-Cost Digital Solutions for Industrial Automation organised by Shoestring Digital Manufacturing in collaboration with the Institute for Manufacturing, the University of Cambridge. This follows the Shoestring Symposium on Low-cost Digitalisation for Manufacturing SMEs in February 2022.
The main objectives of the workshop are to foster innovation in low-cost digitalisation and digital transformation and to promote the research and development of concepts, methods, and technologies to be used for developing low-cost digital solutions for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) in various sectors such as manufacturing, construction, logistics and healthcare.
Papers presented at the workshop will be published as proceedings by IET. These papers will be published on IET Digital library, IEEE Xplore, and will be indexed in IET Inspec, Scopus, and El Compendex.
The workshop includes but is not limited to the below topics:
- Low-cost digitalisation through Industry 4.0
- Low-cost automation and control including IoT architectures, cloud computing, distributed processing, and etc.
- Digital transformation for SME
- Software engineering approaches for low-cost solution developments including requirements, design, development, deployment and testing
- Performance and impact assessments for digital transformation including cost-effectiveness, operational efficiency, and etc.
- Digital security and data protection
- Digital upskilling and reskilling
26 May: Abstract submission
1 June: Registration opens
19 June: Notification of acceptance
24 July: Camera-ready paper submission, registration and fee payment
25-26 September: Workshop